:: Contact ::
Department of Applied Mathematics and Statistics
Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics, Comenius University
842 25 Bratislava
:: Personal data ::
- Name: Beata Stehlikova
- Date of birth: 20th March 1981
- Nationality: Slovak
- Citizenship: Slovak Republic
:: Work experience ::
- 2007 - : Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia
- Department of Applied Mathematics and Statistics, research assistant.
- Research interests: partial differential equations, financial mathematics, interest rate models.
- Publications (since 2005): 2 books, 4 papers in journals and 7 papers in proceedings, see the list of publications
- Teaching (since 2004): lectures: partial differential equations, time series; exercises: partial differential equations, financial derivatives, mathematical analysis, econometrics, time series.
- Supervising thesis (since 2004): 18 bachelor thesis and 11 master thesis, 4 master thesis were awarded the prize of Slovenska sporitelna
- Supervising the Student scientific conference work: 2 students (2 laureates of the faculty round and participans in the Czech-Slovak round, 1 awarded Prize of Literary fund in the faculty round, 1 awarded 2nd place in the Czech-Slovak round)
- Member of the state examinations committee of bachelor and master study program, opponent of the theses.
- Member of the committee of the Czech-Slovak round of Student scientific conference 2012, chair of the committee 2009 (section: Econometrics and financial mathematics).
- February 2012 - June 2012:
Faculty of Civil Engineering, Slovak University of Technology, Bratislava, Slovakia
- Teaching lectures on finacial mathematics
- March 2011 - April 2011:
Faculty of Natural Sciences, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
- Teaching computer execises on financial derivatives
- September 2009 - April 2010: Faculty of Philosophy, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia
- Center of excellence for social innovations
- November 2008 - April 2009: Antimonopoly Office of the Slovak Republic
- December 2006: Všeobecná úverová banka
- Member of the team for internal audit of scoring models
- April 2006 - September 2006: Slovak National Bank
- Teaching the course Basic Econometrics in EViews, preparing study materials.
:: Education ::
2004 - 2007: Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia
- Graduate studies in Applied Mathematics.
- 2008: Defense of the thesis Mathematical analysis of term structure models, obtained PhD. degree.
2005: Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia
- Thesis Calibration of the one-factor models of interest rates.
- Obtained RNDr. degree (rerum naturalium doctor).
1999 - 2004: Faculty of Mathematics, Physics and Informatics, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia
- Undergraduate studies, study program: mathematics, specialization: mathematics of economy and finance.
- Obtained Mgr. degree (magister, equivalent to MSc.).
- Master thesis Analysis of the two-factor model of interest rates
1995 - 1999: Grammar school, Nove Zamky, Slovakia
- Maturita exam (equivalent of A levels): Slovak language and literature, Mathematics, Russian language, Geography
:: Awards ::
- Stefan Schwarz award (annual award for Slovak mathematicians under the age of 30), 3rd prize
- Scholarship from the project Enhancement of the scientific work of graduate students and postdocs
- Student scientific conference 2004: laureate of the faculty round, prize of the Literary fund, 3rd place in the Czech-Slovak round
- Master thesis awarded prize of Slovenska sporitelna
- Prize of the rector, prize of the dean - awarded at graduation
:: Languages ::
- Slovak - native language
- English - advanced
- Russian - advanced (maturita exam, equivalent of A levels)
- Italian - intermediate (CILS UNO certificate)
- German - basic (language school A2 certificate)
- Japanese - basic
:: Computer skills ::
- MS Office
- DTP: TeX, Scribus
- Webdesign: HTML, CSS
- Mathematical and statistical software: Mathematica, Matlab, EViews, R
:: Other activities ::
Slovo na cestu - mp3 meditations on the gospel readings that are being read on that day in Catholic churches during the Holy Mass (writing the meditations, recording, preparing the mp3 files)
- Library team at University Pastoral Centre
:: Hobbies ::
Writing letters to penpals, photography, playing the piano, reading